1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (540)
1 tsp baking powder (5)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oats (450)
1/2 cup packed Splenda blend brown sugar — yes, I stooped that low (420)
1 3/4 sticks lite butter (1400)
1 jar of sugarless fruit preserves (210)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except preserves.
- Spray a small pan (I used 11×7) with cooking spray, and press in half of the mixture.
- Spread the jar of preserves. I used raspberry for one batch (above) and boysenberry for the other (below).
- Sprinkle second half of the mixture over the top and pat lightly.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until light brown.
- Let it cool completely (I stuck it in the freezer).
Total: 3025 calories (12 pieces)
Per serving: 250 calories
To be honest: I tried to cut the calories, but the butter did me in. It ended up a lot crumblier than I thought, and 1 out of the 10-ish people who tried it noticed the Splenda substitute. Tastes great if you microwave a piece for about 8 seconds! And raspberry > boysenberry.
Inspiration: The Pioneer Woman